You can manage bookmarks using lists, please log in to your user account for this.
- Media type: E-Book
- Title: Cannabis - Philosophy for Everyone : What Were We Just Talking About?
- Contributor: Allhoff, Fritz [Author]; Jacquette, Dale [Other]; Cusick, Rick [Other]
Chichester: John Wiley & Sons2010
- Published as:
- Extent: 1 Online-Ressource (263 pages)
- Language: English
- ISBN: 1444324454; 1444341391; 1282939904; 9781444341393; 9781444324457; 9781282939905
- DOI: 10.1002/9781444324440
- Keywords: Marijuana ; Cannabis ; PHILOSOPHY ; Ethics & Moral Philosophy
CANNABIS PHILOSOPHY FOR EVERYONE; CONTENTS; Foreword; Preface; Introduction: What is Cannabis and How Can We Get Some?; PART I CANNABIS PHENOMENOLOGY; 1 A Cannabis Odyssey; 2 Seeing Snakes: On Delusion, Knowledge, and the Drug Experience; 3 The Cannabis Experience: An Analysis of "Flow"; PART II MARIJUANA AND SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT; 4 Buzz, High, and Stoned: Metaphor, Meaning, and the Cannabis Experience; 5 The Great Escape; 6 Cannabis and the Human Condition: "Something of the Kind is Indispensable"; PART III CREATIVELY HIGH; 7 Hallucinatory Terror: The World of the Hashish Eater.
The debate on the status and legality of cannabis continues to gain momentum. Here, personal anecdotes combined with academic and scientific reports combine to sharpen some of the fascinating philosophical issues associated with cannabis use. : A frank, professionally informed and playful discussion of cannabis usage in relation to philosophical inquiry; Considers the meaning of a high, the morality of smoking marijuana for pleasure, the slippery slope to more dangerous drugs, and the human drive to alter our consciousness; Not only incorporates contributions from philosophers, psyc