You can manage bookmarks using lists, please log in to your user account for this.
- Media type: E-Book
- Title: Biopesticides manual : guidelines for selecting, sourcing, producing and using biopesticides for key pests of tobacco
- Contributor: Holmes, Keith [VerfasserIn]; Babendreier, Dirk [VerfasserIn]; Bateman, Melanie [VerfasserIn]; Chaudhary, Malvika [VerfasserIn]; Grunder, Julien [VerfasserIn]; Mulaa, M. [VerfasserIn]; Durocher-Granger, Léna [VerfasserIn]; Faheem, Muhammad [VerfasserIn]
- Corporation: C.A.B. International
- Published: Wallingford: CABI, 2019
- Published in:
- Extent: 1 online resource (xi, 145 pages); illustrations, charts
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781789242010
- DOI: 10.1079/9781789242027.0000
- Keywords: Natural pesticides ; Tobacco Diseases and pests Biological control ; Pests Integrated control ; biological control organisms ; animals ; angiosperms ; pathogens ; information sources ; botanical pesticides ; biological control ; plant pests ; plants ; nematodes ; eukaryotes ; entomopathogens ; experimental design ; parasites ; beneficial species ; choice ; Solanaceae ; Spermatophyta ; pest control ; Hexapoda ; insect nematodes ; [...]
- Description: This manual aims to make information resources and technical advice available in order to support the deployment of biopesticides, which include microbials (e.g. bacteria, algae, protozoa, viruses and fungi), macrobials (e.g. predatory insects, parasitoids and beneficial nematodes), botanicals, and semiochemicals. It is intended to be a one-stop shop to address the information needs of the key groups who are responsible for selecting, sourcing and using biopesticides in the tobacco production system. Chapter 2 provides information for decision makers to support selection of biopesticide active substances. It also provides guidelines for trial managers on experimental design, data collection and reporting. Chapter 3 provides guidance for sourcing biopesticides. It also includes manuals for the local production of three types of biopesticide: Trichogramma; neem [Azadirachta indica]; and fungal biopesticides such as Trichoderma. Chapter 4 presents training materials to provide an overview of biopesticides in general together with detailed information on how to work with the key biopesticides that have already been used successfully to manage key pests in tobacco.
Includes bibliographical references and index. - Title from PDF title page (viewed April 19, 2019)
- Provenance information:
- Access State: Restricted Access