You can manage bookmarks using lists, please log in to your user account for this.
- Media type: Book
- Title: Oral history and photography
- Contributor: Freund, Alexander [Hrsg.]; Thomson, Alistair [Other]
- Published: Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011
- Published in:
- Issue: 1. ed.
- Extent: XVIII, 252 S; Ill; 23 cm
- Language: English
- ISBN: 0230104606; 9780230104600
AP 94200 : International, Allgemeines
- Description: "This essay collection explores the "photographic turn" in oral history. Contributors ask how oral historians can best use photographs in their interviewing practice and how they can best understand photographs in their interpretation of oral histories. The authors present a dozen case studies from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In exploring the intersection of oral history and photography, they complicate and move beyond the use of photographs as social documents and memory triggers and demonstrate how photographs frame oral narratives and how stories unsettle the seeming fixity of photographs' meanings"--
- Provenance information:
- Status: Loanable