You can manage bookmarks using lists, please log in to your user account for this.
- Media type: E-Book
- Title: Knowing in Performing : Artistic Research in Music and the Performing Arts
- Contributor: Huber, Annegret [Editor]; Ingrisch, Doris [Editor]; Kaufmann, Therese [Editor]; Kretz, Johannes [Editor]; Schröder, Gesine [Editor]; Zembylas, Tasos [Editor]; Huber, Annegret [Other]; Ingrisch, Doris [Other]; Kaufmann, Therese [Other]; Kretz, Johannes [Other]; Schröder, Gesine [Other]; Zembylas, Tasos [Other]
Bielefeld: transcript Verlag, 2021
- Extent: 1 electronic resource (228 p.)
- ISBN: 9783839452875; 9783837652871
- Place of printing:
- Keywords: Theatre Studies ; Theory Of Music & Musicology ; Artistic Research ; Music ; Performing Arts ; Participatory Art ; Theatre ; Science ; Musicology ; Cultural Theory
- Description: How can performing be transformed into cognition? Knowing in Performing describes dynamic processes of artistic knowledge production in music and the performing arts. Knowing refers to how processual, embodied, and tacit knowledge can be developed from performative practices in music, dance, theatre, and film. By exploring the field of artistic research as a constantly transforming space for participatory and experimental artistic practices, this anthology points the way forward for researchers, artists, and decision-makers inside and outside universities of the arts.
- Rights information: Creative Commons