You can manage bookmarks using lists, please log in to your user account for this.
- Media type: E-Article
- Title: A Petri Net based Method for Distributed Process Modelling in Structural Engineering
- Published: Publication Server of Weimar Bauhaus-University / Online-Publikations-System der Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, 2004
- Language: English
- Keywords: Ingenieurwissenschaften und zugeordnete Tätigkeitenn ; Engineering & allied operations
- Description: The contribution introduces a method for the distributed process modelling in order to support the process orientation in Structural Engineering, i.e., the modelling, analysis and management of planning processes. The approach is based on the Petri Net theory for the modelling of planning processes and workflows in Structural Engineering. Firstly, a central and coarse process model serves as a pre-structuring system for the detailed modelling of the technical planning activities. Secondly, the involved planning participants generate distributed process models with detailed technical workflow information. Finally, these distributed process models will be combined in the central workflow net. The final net is of great importance for the process orientation in Structural Engineering, i.e., the identification, publication, analysis, optimization and finally the management of planning processes.
- Access State: Open Access