- Medientyp: E-Book
- Titel: My Voice Is My Weapon
- Beteiligte: McDonald, David A. [Autor/In]
Duke University Press, 2013
- Umfang: 1 electronic resource ( p.)
- ISBN: 9780822354680; 9780822378280
- Schlagwörter: Music
- Beschreibung: David A. McDonald rethinks the conventional history of the Palestinian crisis through an ethnographic analysis of music and musicians, protest songs, and popular culture. Charting a historical narrative that stretches from the late-Ottoman period through the end of the second Palestinian intifada, McDonald examines the shifting politics of music in its capacity to both reflect and shape fundamental aspects of national identity. Drawing case studies from Palestinian communities in Israel, in exile, and under occupation, McDonald grapples with the theoretical and methodological challenges of tracing "resistance" in the popular imagination, attempting to reveal the nuanced ways in which Palestinians have confronted and opposed the traumas of foreign occupation.