You can manage bookmarks using lists, please log in to your user account for this.
- Media type: Book
- Title: Rethinking gamification
- Contributor: Fuchs, Mathias [HerausgeberIn]; Fizek, Sonia [HerausgeberIn]; Ruffino, Paolo [HerausgeberIn]; Schrape, Niklas [HerausgeberIn]
- Published: Lüneburg: meson press by Hybrid Publishing Lab, 
- Issue: [paperback ed.]
- Extent: 342 Seiten; Illustrationen, Diagramme; 234 mm x 156 mm
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9783957960009; 3957960002
MS 1290 : Sozialphilosophie (auch Theorie der Gesellschaft), Sozial- und Kulturkritik (auch Dialektik), Entfremdung
- Description: Gamification marks a major change to everyday life. It describes the permeation of economic, political, and social contexts by game-elements such as awards, rule structures, and interfaces that are inspired by video games. Sometimes the term is reduced to the implementation of points, badges, and leaderboards as incentives and motivations to be productive. Sometimes it is envisioned as a universal remedy to deeply transform society toward more humane and playful ends. Despite its use by corporations to manage brand communities and personnel, however, gamification is more than just a marketing buzzword. States are beginning to use it as a new tool for governing populations more effectively. It promises to fix what is wrong with reality by making every single one of us fitter, happier, and healthier. Indeed, it seems like all of society is up for being transformed into one massive game. The contributions in this book offer a candid assessment of the gamification hype.
The paperback edition of this book is printed by Lightning Sources, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom. The digital edition can be downloaded freely at www.meson-press.com
- Provenance information:
- Status: Verfügbarkeit bitte in Center for open digital innovation and participation (CODIP) erfragen.